• Overview

    Greenheart Exchange partners with qualified attorneys working with the J-1 Intern, Trainee and Teacher visas. Attorney partnerships are customized to each law firm or attorney’s individual needs.

    Responsibilities of attorneys can include the following:

    • Identify suitable participants for Greenheart Exchange’s programs
    • Provide interested participants with eligibility requirements
    • Guide participants through application materials
    • Screen participants for English language proficiency
    • Verify and check all applications before submission to Greenheart Exchange
    • Communicate directly with applicants during the application process
    • Assist applicants in obtaining the necessary visa from the local U.S. Embassy or Consulate
    • Keep in contact with Greenheart Exchange throughout the applicant’s program
  • Intern and Trainee

  • FAQ

    Does Greenheart Exchange offer J-2 dependent visa sponsorship?

    Greenheart Exchange can sponsor J-2 Dependent visas for Interns and Trainees. The J-2 dependent visa is a separate application process and is subject to additional terms and conditions, and program fees.

    Requests for a J-2 visa application should be submitted along with the initial submission of the Intern or Trainee candidate. Reach out to us for more information.

    Does Greenheart Exchange have expedited processing?

    Yes, Greenheart Exchange’s expedited processing guarantees that within 2 days of receiving the submitted complete application, Greenheart Exchange will review the application, process the payment, and ship the DS-2019 form to the participant.

    What do I do if my applicant is denied their visa?

    The attorney and/or participant must update Greenheart Exchange on the outcome of each visa interview. Failure to notify Greenheart Exchange about visa denials will result in forfeiture of the program fee refund.

    What makes my applicant ineligible?
    • Trainee applicants that completed the Trainee program in the past two years are not eligible.
    • Intern and Trainee applicants that previously were sponsored for the F-1 student visa are eligible only if they have qualifying experience outside the U.S. and have not done work study on the CPT/OPT and can convincingly prove intent to return to their home country.
    • Intern and Trainee applicants that previously were sponsored on the F-1 student visa and completed or partially completed the F-1 CPT/OPT are not immediately eligible. They must prove an established career abroad before they may re-qualify. The general period is 1 year.
    What is the difference between the Two-Year Home Residency Requirement and Two-Year Bar?

    Section 212(E), also known as the Two-Year Home Residency Requirement is determined by the U.S. Embassy. This requirement restricts certain participants on the Intern and Trainee programs from applying for certain immigrant and work-based visas for 2 years after completion of the Intern or Trainee program.

    The Two-Year Bar is a regulation, 22 C.F.R §62.22(n)(2), that requires Interns and Trainees to reside outside of the U.S. for at least two years before being eligible to apply for an additional Trainee program.

    • A participant who completes the Intern program, may apply for an additional intern program if eligible, but not a Trainee program for at least 2 years.
    • A participant who completes the Trainee program, may apply for the Intern program if eligible, but must wait at least two years to apply for an additional Trainee program.